Jay Leno has been released from the hospital after suffering burn injuries in a gasoline fire about nine days ago.
The 72-year-old former “Tonight Show” host was released from the Grossman Burn Center in Los Angeles on Monday, the center announced in a statement, along with sharing a photo of the comedian with some of his staff of care
“Comedian Jay Leno was released from the Grossman Burn Center today,” the hospital said in a news release. “Jay will receive follow-up care at the Grossman Outpatient Burn Clinic for burns to his face, chest and hands that he received during a garage fire at his home.”
Leno, an avid car collector, had been working under a vehicle when it caught fire. He has undergone two surgeries to treat his injuries, said Dr. Peter Grossman, his doctor, announced earlier.
“I’m pleased with Jay’s progress and optimistic that he will make a full recovery,” Grossman said Monday.
“Jay wants to let everyone know how grateful he is for the care he received and really appreciates all the well wishes,” the hospital added in its statement. “He is looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with his family and friends and wishes everyone a wonderful holiday.”